A place where there is no time limit and AU is welcome, The Tudors, Reign, The Borgias, Isabel, and all historic verses alike and all play in there own time period.

The Birth and Early Years of Juana d'Aragona, Princess of Naples.

Juana of Aragon
    Princess of Naples

The Birth and Early Years of Juana d'Aragona, Princess of Naples.

Post by Juana of Aragon on Thu May 26, 2016 12:31 pm

It was the year of 1499, in the month of January the Borgia's holy daughter who was the popes daughter would birth her first daughter out of her first and second children both being sons, the first born illegitimate born but only the second born son would be born legitimate and now she has a daughter born with her second husband Alfonso of Aragon with their first child together was their older son Rodrigo. Born within the walls of Castel Nuovo, the little Princess who was named Juana lay inside her cradle sleeping while her father kept a eye on her while his first and only daughter slept soundly, Alfonso taking a seat now being a father for the first time to a baby girl.

Soon time went on and Juana awoke crying while her parents were sleeping, sitting up in her cradle she was only a few months of age nearly a year old, merely just a toddler, she was receiving her first teeth and it was painful for her as she was holding her blanket in her other hand trying to stand up reaching for her parents as she stays there.

Lucrezia Borgia
    Duchess consort of Ferrara, Modena and Reggio

Re: The Birth and Early Years of Juana d'Aragona, Princess of Naples.

Post by Lucrezia Borgia on Thu May 26, 2016 3:00 pm

::Lucrezia awakes to the high piercing cry of her precious Juana and ventured to guess that her new teeth were the cause of such a cry. She walked over and proceeded to take Juana out of her cradle and sing to her a Spanish lullaby that her revered and adored father would sing to her during rough months as a child. "Oh my first little girl! I am no soothsayer but I feel you are destined for great things in life. This is also a bittersweet thought or premonition if you will, bc it also feels me with strange dread. I think you are destined to be a ruler, mother, and certified beauty in this life but how am I going to protect you from the numerous pitfalls which lay ahead in this destiny. As a female you will need the extra protection and hopefully you will not inherit my weaknesses such as the sin of lust. Alfonso is beyond happy at your arrival and I will do my best despite the lack of love that I feel exerts from him at times." As she uttered those last words to Juana aloud, Lucrezia felt that she was being watched and proceeded to turn around to Alfonso's face bearing an expression that forewarned that he must've overheard her last sentiment. "I promise my dear sweet lady that whatever reservations you believe to feel I have acquired over our time together is now the least of your worries. Yes we were arranged for this marriage to possess both an advantageous life and address any political negativity with an outcome of desired peace for us. I know it may be hard to believe but with Juana's birth I have felt a momentous shift in my heart and mind about all the negativity or reservations which plagued from the moment we met. And you cannot blame me for the very presence of your brother Ceseare who is rumored throughout Rome to possess lust for you, Juan's intimidating manners, the undeniable power of your father's position in the Church, and finally I suspect that you have formed feelings for another which I have come to accept and ignore due to your youth. You must admit that your family invites danger into our lives and in the interest of making a most illustrious match for our girl I believe we look to your Spanish roots and aim for a throne there if possible. So yes your feelings of dread are justified bc the Spanish court ethics which follow a very harsh Catholic doctrine will ask her to leave at a fairly young age." Lucrezia feels her throat tighten and swore she saw quick disturbing images flash before her mind. But what was their meaning?!
    Juana of Aragon
    Princess of Naples

Post by Juana of Aragon on Thu May 26, 2016 8:55 pm

Juana was in her mother's arms as her head rests upon her shoulder but soon Alfonso took the child into his arms calming her "perhaps it is time we found a match for our daughter, for the good of our family" he had told her "the Hapsburg are one of the most influential families even in Spain as they hold title of Holy Roman Emperor. I am told the current emperor, Maximilian has a son named Philip" he told his wife "if we are to protect our child we need to arrange a strong alliance." he spoke telling his wife honestly

"The Borgia have been such a great scandal and I've accepted the matter that you may never truely love me, as it is your brother who your heart lingers with. They will find a reason to have rid of me like that of your first husband, that Sforza" he told her "those wretched Borgia will never set eyes on my daughter this I promise you" he spoke and as the little Princess fell back to sleep he lay her down once more "one day I am certain she will be a powerful ruler but let us not be too hasty on our thoughts of such futures as we live now, not the future ahead of us yet" he looked at his wife but back down at their sleeping daughter as Juana lay on her back with her little hand beside her face while she slept.

Lucrezia Borgia

Post by Lucrezia Borgia on Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:36 pm

Lucretzia shuddered at Alfonso's words. How can he be so cruel as I have tried with every fiber of my being to love him and be a dutiful wife. Yes she knew her family was many times out of control and it is so important to protect her precious daughter. I love my brother but he has committed trespasses that only God must know. Yes a Hapsburg alliance is appealing and though many think me to be selfish I must get this precious girl out of the world of the Borgias as soon as possible. Oh this would surely break her heart.
    Juana of Aragon
    Princess of Naples

Post by Juana of Aragon on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:48 pm

Alfonso looked down watching their child sleep, seeing his daughter used as a pawn for the Borgia or raised as such a scandal was the last thing he wanted of his only daughter, looking at Lucrezia "perhaps I was a bit too harsh, I just simply want whats best for our child. I will do whatever it takes to see it done" he told her but then left the room, he would stop at nothing to see his daughter safe from the dangers of the Borgia family, he witnessed so much scandal within the Borgia walls, so much death and murders and he wasn't proud of it.

over time Juana continued to grow and when she reached the age of nearly 2 of age it would occur Alfonso would be attacked within the walls of Rome, stabbed in the head, arm and leg. Rushed to safety in agony they didn't know if he would survive, the assassination was attempted on orders of Cesare Borgia his wives brother, laying on the bed they bandaged him up trying to keep him alive and as he was recovering he lay on the bed, his worst fears had occurred and he thought of his little girl knowing he was not able to stand up quite yet or move much. His wife and sister tended to him most and he looked at Lucrezia "Juana is she safe" Alfonso spoke worriedly asking of their daughter trying to move but lay back on the bed once more "if I die, promise me you will look after our children, Rodrigo and Juana".

Lucrezia Borgia

Post by Lucrezia Borgia on Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:30 pm

Lucretzia was beside herself with grief over the current position of her second husband and fumed over what her brother ordered. For certain the evil lust that drives them sometimes but must be ignored is not something he is willing to forget. The Borgia curse was proving more true as she grew older and wiser and soon found that maybe these orders were given bc her hand was sought elsewhere for more political advantageous marriages. No she would make this right and not act like the spoiled child she was when tragedy fell upon her first husband. She leaned in and whispered "I have always tried to do right for you and love you best I know how. We have made life together and that is no small thing and so you have my word that they will be sent away from this madness and always cared for." She looked down at Juana who always seemed older for her yrs and it felt like she was grasping at what was occurring..."Please do not be afraid my dear and come give your father comfort at this moment."
    Juana of Aragon
    Princess of Naples

Post by Juana of Aragon on Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:12 pm

Alfonso lay on the bed looking at his daughter as she was brought in the room, Alfonso could hardly hold back the tears but he tried as he knew their daughter was growing so strong, Little Juana looked at her father as she stood there beside the bed and she climbed on the bed laying beside her father, the child was undeniably close to her father and very attached. As her father kissed her forehead caressing the hairs on her head which was in little curls like her father had she had his eyes and features very much so. Comforting her father she lay there "Mama, will papa be ok" she spoke asking hoping her father would be alright but soon Alfonso needed his rest and he kissed his little girl goodnight and she soon walked off dragging her blanket with her.

it wouldn't be long knowing as Prince Alfonso was recovering and it was sure he would survive, the assassins broke in, Cesare had allowed a man who wanted Alfonso dead to enter the room, the man wore Cesare's unicorn mask and entered as he slept but when Alfonso awoke to see who was there the assassin lifted him from his bed as Alfonso cried out in fear as the man dropped him on the floor killing him instantly, The Prince bore marks upon his neck from being strangled and attacked as well and wounds were on his head from the fall from being assassinated by the man, The man happened to be none other then Alfonso d'Este who desired Lucrezia himself, the orders were made by the Borgia family to execute and murder Alfonso as they felt he was politically no longer needed. Time went on and Juana awoke hearing noises from the attack and snuck upstairs to see her father, she awoke from a bad dream and wanted her fathers comfort. Entering the room she saw her father laying on the floor dead and rubbed her eyes "papa" she spoke going up to him not understanding what she saw but when she saw him closely as she tried to wake him up she cried screaming and her screams were heard throughout the walls "papa......papa" she screamed trying to shake and wake him once more but he wouldn't and she lay beside him on the floor. Her tears falling on her fathers shirt which was bloody some and she wouldn't leave his side.

Alfonso of Aragon
    Duke of Bisceglie and Prince of Salerno

Post by Alfonso of Aragon on Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:39 pm

Alfonso lay on the floor while his little girl wept over his body, blood coming from his body while news filled the city of Rome and the vatican walls of the Prince's murder, news even reached Lucrezia while their daughter clung to his body. Alfonso laying there while his daughter was not leaving his side screaming and crying over the loss. Guards rushed in seeing the sight of it and knew the prince was now dead, they knew this may cause a war with Naples with the house of Trastamara with the Borgia they could not escape from. Cesare would be the one to suffer the consequences and Juana could not look at her uncle as he tried to take her from her father as she screamed and hit him not wanting to leave.

The Prince was soon carried to the chapel of St Mary and he would be forced to leave his daughter and son Juana and Rodrigo on their own under the dangers of the Borgia family after the tragety of his death.
    Lucrezia Borgia

Post by Lucrezia Borgia on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:35 pm

::Lucretzia regained her composure a few weeks following the death of her second husband. It was too confusing to contemplate whether or not love or even respect flourished but now her attention to life was less selfish since two children were now under her care. In her heart she felt the disgusting burning that her own beloved brother was responsible for his death and now she must save face around him and her father because for the first time in her spoiled life it became apparent that her family cared for their wealth, control, and power more than they ever cared for her well-being. She must show the same love and adoration to Cesare for he must not sense that life has changed but her children must be safeguarded from him. His love for his sister had reached dizzying heights and was bordering on immoral. Her father will for sure find another politically advantageous marriage for her within due time.
    Months passed away and Lucrezia spent countless nights without sleep thinking solely upon where she could turn for help. Juana must be spared for she has shown in her early years a beautiful soul, rare beauty of flesh, and an old soul for one so young. One day in the garden this came to life when she finally asked something that threw Lucretzia for a surprise. "Was my father murdered lady mother?" How could Juana sense this and what was she thinking to ask. "No my precious mio, I do not think he was. Listen bella closely, your father was a good man and is watching you always and his love for you was more than words could dare express. Do not let such dark thoughts affect your time." But years would soon come quickly and Lucretzia knew that instant that such a soul would be devoured if not sent far from the grasp of the Borgias.
    Juana of Aragon
    Princess of Naples

Post by Juana of Aragon on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:16 pm

The little princess stood in front of her mother, even though it was a few months after the death of her father she remembered everything of what she witnessed, a man escaping with that of a unicorn mask upon his face leaving that of the room where her father was killed. Looking into her mother's eyes but shook her head as she knew she had already hit her uncle Cesare Borgia and she looked into her mother's eyes "a man left father's side wearing a mask mother, one of a white horse with a horn on its head" she told her and it was obvious the mask belonged to Cesare "it was Cesare's mask, he hide his face with it" she told her mother but soon she walked off leaving her mother's side. Her father taught her well and she walked to the gardens of the Vatican. The young girl would never be the same again, her eyes were cold after what she witnessed and she stood there. Over time it came time for the d'Este alliance with the Borgia, her mother was to marry to Alfonso d'Este. In order for the marriage to occur the young princess and her brother Rodrigo along with Giovanni her eldest brother had to be separated from their mother, Giovanni would be in the care of Cesare Borgia and Juana and Rodrigo would remain in the care of their father's sister, Sancia of Aragon, Princess of Squillace. Even their aunt Sancia learned of the young princess and her ways, it surprised her how much the girl was like her father and she took great care raising the girl. Rodrigo was often into practicing with swords and archery, Juana was the child who had that terrible temper like Alfonso II of Naples and his father Ferdinand I of Naples as well, she was a strong child indeed. Having to insure the separation from their mother she remains there as Rodrigo her brother was her only comfort.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:51 pm